Telescopes of India tour - an introduction

Next year is the International Year of Astronomy. I hope to make a small contribution towards this by going on a "Telescopes of India" tour. I plan to go around the country and visit the various radio and optical observatories in the country.

What will I do there? First, learn about what they are doing there and why. Second, talk to the people behind the observatory to learn more about their work. Lastly, I want to enjoy as much as I can.

Right now, the trip is in the planning stages. The only thing that is certain right now is that I am going. As a first stage I plan to make a spreadsheet of all the Indian observatories and a map of these locations.

Want to help? If you are part of any observatory in the country, please do write to me with the details using my contact form. If you would like to send any words of caution, suggestions or advice, please do leave them in my comments. I also encourage you to do something similar in your country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Observatories on the Tour

Telescopes of India Tour - Responses

Observatories of India - Google Docs Spreadsheet